The Consular Section notarizes documents intended for use only in the Russian Federation.
Notarization of the document requires the personal appearance of the signer.
The signer must submit a current identification document (valid passport, Idcard etc.)
The document must be signed by the signer in the Consular Section after submitting all nessessary documents and paying consular fee in the presense of the consul.
Apostille is needed to make the Korean document valid in Russia
In accordance with the Hague Convention of October 5, 1961, in which both the Russian Federation and the Republic of Korea are participants, documents authenticated by an Apostille of a participant country are exempted from validation (i.e., from verification of the authenticity of the signatures, the authority of the persons signing, and the authenticity of the seals and stamps) by the consular establishments of other participant countries.
The Apostille is a stamp established by the Hague Convention, placed in documents by a competent authority of the country in which the document was issued.
Documents with Apostille do not require any further legalization, but to make it valide in Russia you should translate the document with the Apostille attached into Russian and confirm the proper translation of the document in the Consular section of the Russian Embassy
The Apostille is placed in the Republic of Korea by:
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs (tel. (02) 2100-7600);
- Ministry of Justice (tel. (02) 720-8027)Address: 서울특별시 종로구 수송동 80번지, 외교통상부 별관 코리안재보험빌딩 4층 영사민원실 아포스티유 담당자 앞
More information you can find at Ministry of Foreign Affairs special site.
The verification of Russian government-issued documents is performed in the territory of the Russian Federation.
The Apostille is placed in the Russian Federation by:
- Prosecutor General’s Office
- Ministry of Internal Affairs
- The Federal Service for State Registration, Cadastre and Cartography and its territorial bodies
- Civil State Registration Offices
- Federal Service for Supervision in Education and Science
- The Federal Archival Agency of Russia
Some translating agencies provide the Apostille service.