Starting from July 1st 2021 Russian Visa Centre temporarily suspends its work until further notice. All visa applications shall be submitted to the Embassy of the Russian Federation in Seoul or the Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Busan.
All applications for Russian visa submitted at the Embassy of the Russian Federation in Seoul and at the Consulate General of the Russian Federation in Busan should be filled in Russian or in English language and printed out using the Electronic Visa Application Form (EVA) which is a web-based application available at http://visa.kdmid.ru. The application form for Russian visa filled in handwritten will not be accepted.
Foreign citizens and persons with non-citizenship status are required to have entry visas to enter the Russian Federation and depart from the Russian Federation unless other procedure is stipulated by the International Agreements of the Russian Federation.
The documents needed to obtain a visa
1. A valid passport or a substitution document (the passport must be valid not less than six month after the date of your departure from Russia. If you are applying for working (except Highly skilled migrant visa) or student visa this period must be 18 months.
2. A completed visa application form (should be filled in in Russian or in English and printed out using the Electronic Visa Application Form (EVA) which is a web-based application available at http://visa.kdmid.ru).
3. One passport size color or black and white photo without head-dress and sun glasses.
4. An invitation letter to enter Russia or (depending on the purpose of visit) a standard tourist confirmation, a verbal note from the MOFAT (Embassy or a Consulate of a third country) that present grounds for considering the visa issuance.
Citizens of the countries that have a visa waiver agreement signed with the Russian Federation can travel to the Russian Federation without visas. (Please check the list of that countries by sending us a query via e-mail email@example.com)
Please note that:
- In accordance with Russian laws citizens of the Russian Federation regardless of any other citizenship they may have, must travel to Russia on valid Russian documents only.
- Visa processing starts only after the Consular Section has collected all necessary documents.
- Visa processing fee is not refundable.
- Type of visa or dates of entry/departure can not be changed or extended. If your travel plans have changed after the visa issuance you have to reapply for a new visa.
- After you received your visa, please check all the data indicated in it and, if necessary, return it to the Consular Section for corrections. The Consular Section will not be responsible for any mistakes in the visas, which were not brought to our attention prior to your departure from the Republic of Korea.
- Any visa applicant may be interviewed by the consular officer, if necessary.
- Processing time, requirements and fees are subject to change without notice.
- In certain cases the Consular Section is entitled to consider visa applications as long as it necessary. Visa can be denied if the Consular Section has serious reasons to believe that an applicant’s entry into or stay in the territory of the Russian Federation will not be desirable.
- Please be advised that person can not have two valid visas at the same time. In this case the first visa is to be cancelled.
Transit visa is required if the period of stay in Russia exceeds 24 hours or a traveler needs to change the airport or terminals.
Transit through the territory of the Russian Federation without a visa is permitted in case a foreign citizens or persons with non-citizenship status:
- are to fly over the territory of Russia aboard the airplane without making a landing in Russia
- are to fly aboard the international airlines carrier, transfer planes in the same airport on the territory of the Russian Federation and have the appropriate documents to enter the destination country and the airplane ticket with a fixed date of departure from the transfer airport on the territory of the Russian Federation within 24 hours from the time of arrival (without changing terminals), not including the cases of emergency stop-over
- are the citizens of the country that has concluded the relating International treaty with the Russian Federation
To obtain a transit visa the following documents should be submitted to the Consular Section:
1. a valid passport or a substitution document
2. a completed electronic visa application form
3. one passport size color or black and white photo without head-dress and sun glasses
4. transportation documents with the fixed departure date from the Russian Federation
5. valid visa to the neighbor country
6. medical insurance for the citizens of Shengen States, Israel, Estonia, Finland
All foreign citizens traveling to Belorussia and Kazakhstan through the territory of the Russian Federation must obtain Russian transit visa.